Monday 11 March 2013

Sowerbutt's Excuse


“First we are going, then we we’re not. Or at least you say you’re not, James, you are dumping me in the back of beyond, then swanning off somewhere by yourself. I’ve told you before I am not going anywhere by myself. We go together or not at all.” The redhead stood in the private office at the back of the brothel bar, arms planted on her hips.
Her look with her thin smile sent shivers up Sowerbutt’s back. Standover merchants, hard cases, the Stepney Reds did not faze him, but Polly. One look and he was helpless.
“It’s not like that, Polly. We’re leaving London to make sure you are safe from the bombing which is about to start at any tick of the clock. Gingernut has offered me a fistful of readies to do a job which will take a few days. Then I’ll be back, that’s all. Tipper and Nero are staying in the new house with you to make sure everything is good."
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Colour-of-Red-ebook/dp/B00B1CWM5M/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1358353851&sr=1-1

No comments:

Post a Comment