Sunday 3 March 2013

Sowerbutt's Anger


Jack Shakes nodded. “They were Russians, I know the Russian language, the language of my father. They were after my Haganah man upstairs.”
“He’s disappeared. Left a week’s rent and a few old clothes and went off in the night. I told them that. In English, of course. I was not letting on that I speak Russian. That’s when they punched me, said I must know where he had gone.”
“One of the roaring boys said their boss wanted our Haganah lad urgently. He had something important for them."
“This pair of thugs need an urgent lesson in good manners. Nobody touches my friends, but nobody. Poor Shiny’s killers are no longer with us and the men who killed Soap are roasting in hell. I won’t have it,” Sowerbutt said.
The tailor watched the hard-faced man walk back towards Whitechapel Road, he remembered the same expression when he was shouting orders to his Blackshirt I-Squad section during the Battle of Cable Street four years earlier.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Colour-of-Red-ebook/dp/B00B1CWM5M/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1358353851&sr=1-1

No comments:

Post a Comment