Sunday 17 March 2013

Sowerbutt's Companion


Walking over to the burr walnut drinks cabinet, Polly poured herself a large gin and tonic. “Did I tell you about One-Lines contribution, Jimmy? It was a classic.
“I fight my own fights, Jimmy, as you know,” Polly smiled. “But some of the suppliers here arent used to women running their own businesses. They tell you they will only deal with your husband.”
Sowerbutt laughed out loud. “That would have gone down well.”
Polly nodded: “I took One-Line along to see the man who is now my best and most enthusiastic supplier. It was all over in seconds, One-Line had a small altercation with the suppliers prized car. Whatever reservations people had about supplying women in business have suddenly gone. One-Line is the greatest salesman.”
“Priceless,” Sowerbutt grinned. “I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall.”
Polly looked serious for a moment. It was the look that terrified Sowerbutt. “The suppliers all accept me now, hopefully other ladies will be dealt with properly in the future. Otherwise, we will have to help them and it does make me cross to give lessons twice. If there is a next time, One-Line wont be so gentle.”
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Colour-of-Red-ebook/dp/B00B1CWM5M/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1358353851&sr=1-1

No comments:

Post a Comment