Thursday 14 February 2013

Sowerbutt's Accolade


Churchill beamed: “I like you, Mr Sorbay, and I like the way you get things done. I wish I could put you in my Cabinet. But at least I can say I have met the man who saved the British Empire in its darkest days. However, I am duty-bound to inform you that in this unprincipled game of politics I will take on the role as saviour, if that’s not too sacrilegious a word to use.  Doubtless the sanctimonious Archbishop Lang would frown upon my words as he invariably does. The old misery was schooled in Glasgow, of course. What do you expect?”
Shaking his dusty brown hair from his face, Sowerbutt grinned: “We are always happy to help out the authorities in the war effort and, particularly you, Mr Churchill."
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Colour-of-Red-ebook/dp/B00B1CWM5M/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1358353851&sr=1-1

No comments:

Post a Comment