Tuesday 6 November 2012

Sowerbutt's Centimetres

The dapper little man with brilliantined black hair nodded. “Just as I thought,” he said, checking the tape-measure in his slender hands. “You haven’t changed a centimetre. Not since I first measured you all those years ago. You keep yourself very fit. Not like many of my clients who put on a centimetre a year, then blame me for getting my accurate measurements wrong. Me, who has been measuring bodies, thick and thin, for 30 years or more. Oy Vey.”
Sowerbutt smiled. “You are such a flatterer, Jack. That’s why you are doing so well and your competitors are hanging up their scissors. I know your secret, you’ve got different tape-measures for different waistlines."  http://www.amazon.co.uk/Colour-Lemon-Surrender-1940-ebook/dp/B008USR7FA

No comments:

Post a Comment