Tuesday 30 October 2012

Sowerbutt's Mistake

“What sort of holiday is this, you miserable bastard?” shouted Polly as Sowerbutt ducked the thankfully thin telephone directory thrown in his direction as he opened the door to their hotel room. “Out for an hour’s stroll, you said, to get some fresh air and exercise and see the sights of Swansea, you said, and it’s now midday. Of course, you forgot to look at the watch I stupidly bought you, didn’t you? Or are you going to tell me that we are on some damned Welsh time and it’s only 10 o’clock? Is that what it is, James, we’ve gone back in time in this lost corner of the country?”
Before he had a chance to try an excuse, she snapped: “And you’ve been drinking somewhere, I can always tell.
“I’ve been stuck here in this room, twiddling my thumbs, waiting for you to return so we can spend some time together, while you have been out swanning around somewhere and pouring booze down your miserable throat. You promised me that we’d enjoy our holiday in Swansea together. Together. You are such a bad bastard.” http://www.amazon.co.uk/Colour-Lemon-Surrender-1940-ebook/dp/B008USR7FA

No comments:

Post a Comment