Saturday 27 October 2012

Sowerbutt's Deal

"By the way, sir, I have recently acquired a substantial supply of Pol Roger that may interest you - stored safely well away from the bombing. I can let you have a note of the years. I also have some cases of Armenian cognac you may wish to sample.”
The Prime Minister stared hard at the tall, tough-looking man, a beam breaking across his animated face. “Splendid man, simply splendid to hear. With France gone, my greatest fear was not the contemptuous Nazis, but that my Pol Roger would eventually run out. Rest assured somebody will be in touch. In defeat I need it, in victory I deserve it. I’m also warming to your suggestion of the bounties of little Armenia - straight from the table of Uncle Joe, no doubt.”
Turning back towards his car, Churchill grunted: “I shall remember your kind offers of assistance, Mr Sorbay, I shall remember them. We have a long and hard road ahead of us to final victory. I cannot foretell the future, however, your country may well require your special talents again. I, however, most certainly will.”

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Colour-Lemon-Surrender-1940-ebook/dp/B008USR7FA

No comments:

Post a Comment