Sunday 1 June 2014

Sowerbutt's Blow

The slight military man puffed his corona. “I remembered something I wrote nearly four years ago during the Spanish war. I had the file pulled to jog my memory. I was around when Durruti, the Anarchist, was shot dead in Madrid at the end of ’36. The Anarchists claimed it was a sniper’s bullet - yes, it was. But no ordinary sniper, it was the Ghost. He laid several trails. Durruti would be killed at his home, his mistress’s brother was after him and so on. The Ghost also put out the story that the Nationalists were targeting Durruti in the fighting. And that’s where he died - a double bluff.
“He’s like a champion boxer, Sorbay. Feint, feint, feint, then when the opponent is distracted, the knock-out. You never know which of his feints is the real blow until the end."
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Colour-Camouflage-Hitlers-Super-Spy-ebook/dp/B00HT48BN8  

No comments:

Post a Comment