Sunday 27 April 2014

Sowerbutt's Gift

“Twice in a couple of days? What’s going on, Sorbay?” Polly laughed as Sowerbutt walked into the Cheapside flat.
He pulled a small box out of his pocket, he had visited his jeweller friend in Paddington before just making the train at St Pancras.
Polly’s eyes widened. “A silver filigree and mesh bracelet, Jimmy? And these are real diamonds. It must have cost you an absolute fortune.”
Sowerbutt grinned: “Only the best for my lady. I’m trying to make up for not seeing you as much as I’d like.”
Polly stood in the middle of the loungeroom, holding the bracelet, with tears running down her cheeks.
Sowerbutt would never understand women. “You like it, you don’t like it. I can change it.”
“Of course, I like it, you big oaf. I love it,” Polly beamed. 
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Colour-Camouflage-Hitlers-Super-Spy-ebook/dp/B00HT48BN8

No comments:

Post a Comment